Temporary Residence

Temporary Residency to Canada.

If you are thinking of coming to Canada on a temporary basis, there are a few things you need to know. Temporary residence in Canada can include different types of visas, such as student visas, visitor visas, and work permits. Let's discuss the different types of temporary residence visas available in Canada, and what you need to do to apply for them. We will also provide some tips on how to make the process easier for you!

The most common type is the visitor visa, which allows you to stay in Canada for up to six months. To apply for a visitor visa, you will need to provide evidence that you have ties outside of Canada and that you plan to leave when your visa expires. You will also need to provide other outside evidence such as proof of financial support, a letter of invitation from someone in Canada, or other supporting documents.

A Canadian VISA is a document that allows you to enter and stay in Canada for a specific period of time. There are different types of Canadian VISA, depending on the purpose of your visit.

A Canadian work or study permit is a document that allows foreign nationals to take up employment or study in Canada. There are many different types of work and study permits, and the process of obtaining one can be complicated.

We can help you with:

  • Temporary Resident Permit
  • Work Permit
  • Study Permit
  • Visitor Visa or Visitor Record
  • Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
  • Supervisa
  • Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)

Get help

Need to get your visa in order? Looking for a lawyer who can help with temporary residence? Look no further than Joshua Slayen! Our team of experts can help with all your immigration needs, big or small. We’ll work tirelessly to make sure you’re prepared for whatever comes your way.

Contact Joshua to get started

"Is there a more than 5 star option?! Joshua took my family and I under his wing, and brought us all together..."

Kassidy Lane

"...I always turn to Joshua for advice. He always finds a way!"

Yaron Matzuva

"Joshua was a true 'knight in shining armor' for our family."

Ireena Worthy

"Joshua Slayen is the most professional lawyer and most highly qualified when it comes to immigration related matters."

Vivek Cheba

"...Fortunately, Joshua helped me when I was in the most difficult time."

Xiyan Li

"Joshua Slayen is one of the great lawyer who helped me got off from the admissibility hearing."


"If you need an excellent Immigration attorney with a sterling reputation work with Josh."


We'll be there for you

How Can Joshua Help You?

Joshua Slayen is an immigration lawyer with several years of experience helping people immigrate to Canada. Called to the bar in 2009, he’s helped hundreds of people from all walks of life and he can help you too! His services are affordable and effective, so don’t hesitate – contact him and his team today for a consultation that could change your life.

    Joshua Slayen

    Partner at Murphy and Company LLP:


    #203 815 Hornby St.
    Vancouver, BC
    V6Z 2E6